Launch crowdsourcing platform Collecting Epistolary Metadata of the Republic of Letters
On 14 December SKILLNET will launch its innovative crowdsourcing platform for harvesting the metadata of letters from scanned versions of printed letter collections: Collecting Epistolary Metadata of the Republic of Letters (CEMROL). All welcome! Admission is free, but please register via R.O.Buning@uu.nl.
- 12:30 Welcome (with lunch)
- Dr Dirk van Miert (project leader, Utrecht University): Introduction
- Prof. Dr Hans Bots (Professor Emeritus at Radboud University): De Republiek der Letteren
- Dr Scott B. Weingart (Carnegie Mellon University Library): Theories of Epistolary Networks
- Coffee and tea break
- Dr Andrea Sangiacomo and Daan Beers (University of Groningen): Divide et Impera: A Model of Domination in the Early Modern Republic of Letters
- Miranda Lewis (Early Modern Letters Online, University of Oxford): Drawing Connections in a Union Catalogue: Early Modern Letters Online
- Presentation and demonstration of CEMROL
- Drinks (until 17:00)
You must be logged in to post a comment.